Dr Charles Go
224 W. Winton Avenue
Hayward, CA 94544
Contra Costa County
Charles G. Go, Ph.D. serves as a 4-H Youth Development Advisor for the University of California Agricultural and Natural Resources (UCANR) in Alameda and Contra Costa Cooperative Extension offices. He is responsible for the education, extension, and research, with emphasis on fostering positive youth development and overall youth well-being within the context of the community. Participants (youth and their families) gain citizenship, leadership and life skills helping them to become contributing and productive citizens. His latest activities focus on sustaining and strengthening the 4-H Youth Development Club Program, fostering Healthy Living in low-income youth and increasing youth financial literacy and competencies.
SpecialtyApplied research and extension of knowledge in the areas of fostering and implementing programs that focus on youth life skills development and working with communities to build capacities to support youth development.
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Program and Project Support, Administration, and Communication
- Program and Project Design, and Statistics
- Communication, Education, and Information Delivery
- Human Nutrition, Food Safety, and Human Health and Well-Being
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Families, Youth, and Communities
- Human Development and Family Well-Being
- Community Insitutions, Health, and Social Services
- Youth Development
- Economics, Markets, and Policy
- Consumer Economics
- Community Resource Planning and Development
- 4-H Program
- Healthy Families and Communities
- Worker, S., Hill, R., Miller, J., Go, C., Boyes, R. (2015). "Exploring the Effectiveness of a Retreat Method for Extension Staff." Journal of Extension 53(6)
- Go, C.; Varcoe, K. (2012). Money Savvy Youth: Evaluating the Effectiveness of Financial Education for Fourth and Fifth Graders. Federal Reserve Board of SF Working Paper Series. http://www.frbsf.org/publications/community/wpapers/
- Peterson, S.; Roche, B. (2011). Hunger Attack Leaderâs Guide. UCCE ANR Publication.
- Peterson, S.; Roche, B. (2011). Hunger Attack Teen Guide. UCCE ANR Publication.
- Cortz, S.; Wooten-Swanson, P. (2011). Savings Made Simple Leaderâs Guide. UCCE ANR Publication.
- Peterson, S.; Wooten-Swanson, P. (2011). Savings Made Simple Teen Guide. UCCE ANR Publication.
- Wassenberg, K.; Johns, M. (2009). Dealing the Cards of Credit. UCCE ANR Publication.
- Peterson, S.; Johns, M. (2009). Hunger Attack! UCCE ANR Publication.
- Wassenberg, K.; Johns, M. (2009). Keys to Credit. UCCE ANR Publication.
- Peterson, S.; Johns, M. (2009). My Money Personality. UCCE ANR Publication.
- Wassenberg, K.; Go, C. (2009). Savings Account Strategies. UCCE ANR Publication.
- Peterson, S.; Johns, M. (2009). Savings Made Simple. UCCE ANR Publication.
- Wassenberg, K.; Go, C. (2009). Taking Charge of Your Own Checking Account. UCCE ANR Publication.
- Wassenberg, K.; Go, C. (2009). The E-Banking Experience. UCCE ANR Publication.
- Varcoe, K.; Martin, A. (2008). Using a Financial Education Curriculum for Teens article originally from Financial Counseling and Planning Journal was reprinted in book. Financial Literacy for Children and Youth.
- Charles Go (2017) Alameda 4-H improves the financial literacy of 4th and 5th-grade students. UC Delivers
- Charles Go, Marisa Neelon, Angela Shields (2017) California High School Students Successfully Advocate for Hydration Stations.
- Beth Jensen(Correspondent), Charles Go (2015). Tri-Valley: 4-H keeps up with the times. Contra Costa Times. Alameda and Contra Costa Counties, Contra Costa Times. http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_28005537/trivalley:-4h-keeps-up-with-the-times
- Go, C. (2012). "Putting Youth on the Map." from http://pyom.ucdavis.edu.
- Go, C.; Lesica, S. (2011). Incarcerated youth blossom while working with 4-H, Master Gardeners. UC Delivers.
- Go, C. (2011). Money Talks: Program improves financial literacy of teens. UC Delivers.
- Go, C. (2009). "Money Talks Website." from http://moneytalks4teens.ucdavis.edu.
- Go, C.; Lee, J. (2008). Take Aways! : From the Cambodian Research Project. Alameda, CA, UCCE.
- Go, C. (2008). UCCE facilitates teen conference about sexual exploitation of youth. UC Delivers.
- Go, C. (2007). Alameda County Sexually Exploited Minors Safe House: Report and Recommendations. Alameda, CA, UCCE.