Favorite Foods Field Day
Alameda County Favorite Foods Day
Sunday, February 10, 2019
Noon to 3:00
First United Methodist Church of San Leandro
1600 Bancroft Avenue
San Leandro, CA
2019 Favorite Foods Day flyer
4-H Age Divisions (based on age as December 31st)
Primary (5-8 years old)
Junior (9-10 years old)
Intermediate (11-13 years old)
Senior (14-18 years old)
Open to ALL 4-H Members (Do NOT need to be in a Cooking/Foods Project to exhibit or attend)
- Each contestant will do his/her own preparation, exhibiting and cleanup. Primary members may ask for help if it is needed.
- The Entry should be basically prepared at home, but last minute preparations may be done at the show.
Register at http://ucanr.edu/favfooddayregistration
Evaluators, Project Activities and Exhibitors please use same registration site.
Sunday, February 3, 2019
Contact Elisabeth Wade for any exceptions.
Evaluation Score Cards
Questions can be directed to Elisabeth Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org
Judged Contests (1 per class per exhibitor)
- Prepared Food (Appetizer, Main Dish or Dessert). The prepared food item must be made entirely by the 4-H exhibitor. The recipe should not be prepared exclusively from commercial mixes. Recipe card is to be provided and be sure to review the prepared food guidelines.
- Table Setting Review Table setting guidelines
- Nutrition Related Posters
* Food Safety: Exhibitors are responsible for keeping prepared food at a safe temperature using a cooler or other insulated container. If you plan to use a crock pot or hot plate, please state this on your registration form under special accommodations to make arrangements for electricity.