Garden Field Day
Alameda County Garden Field Day
Need Teen Leaders and/or Adult advisor to coordinate this event. Please contact Cheryl Fraser if you are interested in helping.
A Field Day with opportunities for garden based exhibits and workshops.
Contests will be grouped into age related Divisions (based on age 12/31/18))
- Primary (5-8 years old)
- Beginners (9-10 years old)
- Intermediate (11-13 years old)
- Advanced (14-18 years old)
Open to ALL YOUTH (Do NOT need to be in a Gardening Project to exhibit or attend)
Vote for your favorite "Produce Dress Up" for the following categories:
- Most Original
- Best Duo/Group
For Presentation Rubrics see California State 4-H Presentation Manual, Demonstration or Illustrated Talk formats, pages 25 and 26 for evaluation rubrics
Event MAY include:
Fair-Style Horticulture Exhibits* (2 per class per exhibitor)
- Flower Arrangements/Floral Art in small appropriate display container
- Mini-Garden (12” diameter Maximum)
- Poster Contest, Garden Themed, Self-Standing
- Photo Contest, Garden Theme (8X10s only, matted, not framed)
Produce Dress-Up Contest (Scariest, Funniest, Most Original, Best Duo/Group)
* All exhibits must be original work of exhibitor. Mini-Garden must be potted, cared for and embellished, if appropriate, by exhibitor.
Presentations: members are given the opportunity to present a garden-themed presentation in one of the styles outlined om the California State 4-H Presentation Manual
Community Service Activity