Alameda County Interview Contest
Saturday, February 23, 2018 with Presentation Day
If you are interested in helping plan this event for the 2018/2019 year please sign-up at
Pre-registration is required. Members and evaluators may register using the link to the right or on the Presentation Day page.
Interview Contest Manual
All of the information for Interview Contest is available in the California 4-H Interview Contest Manual.
Members are encouraged to review the tips, interview questions, judging rubrics and supporting materials provided in the California 4-H Interview Contest Manual.
Pre-Registration for the 2018 Interview Contest required.
What is an Interview Contest:
The Interview Contest is a Public Speaking contest that gives members an opportunity to practice the real-life skill of applying for a job. The contest involves a set of fictitious Job Descriptions for the various age groups that the members can go through the process of applying for. To enter the Interview Contest the member must:
- pick a job description for a job the member feels qualified for and interested in
- develop a resume of their real-life education and experiences that they feel make them a good candidate for that job
- write an accompanying Cover Letter for their resume
- prepare for the interview
- participate in an actual interview where they are judged on all of the key elements in the process
Due to the constraints of the contest process, members must apply to enter the contest in advance.
On the morning of the contest the member must show up by the designated time with their Resume and Cover Letter prepared for the interview. Interviews will be scheduled throughout the event.
The results of the contest will be available at the end of the event