1. All films must be produced by the 4-H members. All work, including script, directing, costumes, etc, is to be original work of 4-H members. Adult supervision and consultation is allowed, but immediate and/or direct adult work on the film is not permitted.
2. Each film crew may have ONE official adult supervisor that can only be consulted for advice, assistance, safety supervision, etc. The designated adult must not have direct involvement in creating the film.
1. All feature film entries must be between 2-10 minutes, including beginning and ending titles and credits. 4-H Promos and Other PSAs must be between 30-90 seconds each.
2. Films should fit into one of four submission categories:
- Narrative (any story line)
- How-To Video
- 4-H Promo/PSA.
The theme for 2022 is "Environment and Nature". This theme is timely and important and we hope it generates awes-inspiring works. Although there will be a special award presented to the film best adhering to this theme, aligning your film with this theme is optional. We wish to promote greater creativity and allow films to go on to further competitions and strictly fitting into a themed competition can hinder these objectives.
3. Registration: Online registration through the coming link is required. The films are to be posted in U-Tube format and the link included in the online registration form. Online registration with the film link included must be submitted by April 10th, 2022 a 8pm. After this date add-ons are not allowed. Please check that all films are downloaded in the highest quality formats as possible. Please do not film in 3-D.
4. All films will be eligible for the following awards, as appropriate for their category. The Alameda County 4-H Film Fest Evaluation Team will choose the winners of the first seven awards. The audience at the event will vote for the "People's Choice" award.
- Best Performer - Film actor/actress in a primary role in the film with outstanding acting skills (e.g. speech, movement, character, etc.)
- Best Supporting Performer - Film actor/actress in a supporting role with outstanding acting skills (e.g. speech, movement, character, etc.)
- Best Costume and/or Makeup - Film actor/actress with the most excellent costuming and/or makeup
- Best Special Effects - Film that presents illustrious use of special effects.
- Best Adherence to Theme- Film that best captures the "Environment and Nature" theme
- Best Editing - The films will be evaluated on how smoothly they run and how seamlessly the various scenes come together.
- Best Director - The director chosen by the cast and crew to lead the group (like a Junior/Teen Leader) that directs, and supports the cast.
- Best Film - Films with overall exceptional action, costuming, script, and directing
- People's Choice: Voted on by the audience viewing the films.
5. All films must have a title.
6. The cast/crew of the film do not have to originate from the same 4-H club. Non-4-H participants are allowed to act in the film, but the director and editor must be 4-H members.
7. Films that are created specially by Primary groups (9 and under) will be given Participation Certificates. Primary members are not eligible for the above listed awards
8. Any films using profanity and/or inappropriate material will be disqualified immediately.
1. Judging is to be completed by evaluators that have had film/acting/leadership/theatrical experience, optimally being a mixture of film industry professionals and adult 4-H volunteers.
2. Judging rubrics are to be used by the evaluation team to determine all award winners except the People's Choice Award.
3. All film evaluations will take place prior to the event
1. The location of the event will be Creekside Community Church in San Leandro on April 30, 2022. Films awards will be announced at this event.
2. Attendees at the Awards Ceremony are encouraged to dress for the event; ladies are encouraged to wear dresses (e.g. prom, wedding attire), gentlemen are encouraged to wear dress shirts, slacks, etc (tuxedos are not required). Jeans or t-shirts NOT preferred.
3. Award winners will be given the opportunity to make award acceptance speeches and all entrants should be prepared for their moment in the media!