Virtual State Presentation Day - May 8 - 22, 2021
Presentation How To's
4-H members must pre-register to participate. Registration closes on Month/dd at 10:00 pm.
Youth Presentation Registration Form
Youth Interview Registration Form
We follow the State 4-H Guidelines and 2021 Job Descriptions. They can be found here: 2021 State Interview Contest Information
Presentation Day Volunteers NEEDED
Each club must send one evaluator for every three entries or one evaluator for less than three entries.
No experience needed to be an evaluator. Orientation is provided. However, evaluators should review the "4-H Presentation Day Manual" before Presentation Day. Please download the following document:
- ADULT PRESENTATION EVALUATOR: Parents, leaders and other volunteer adults.
- ADULT INTERVIEW EVALUATOR: Parents, Leaders and other adult volunteers. Experience with HR and Interviews desirable.
Each club must send one room host for every ten entries.
Youth Volunteer Opportunities include:
- ROOM RUNNER: Members 9 years and older. Duties include collecting Evaluators' scoring rubrics at the conclusion of each presentation and taking them to the Tally Station. Room runner may also register for a presentation.
- ROOM HOST: Members 12 years and older. Duties include presiding over the area, help presenters set up, introduce the presenter and assist spectators. Room host may also register for a presentation.
- TEEN PRESENTATION EVALUATOR: Members 15 years and older. Prior county presentation experience is required. Teen evaluator may participate in an individual/group Share the Fun or Cultural Arts performance presentation.
Virtual Presentation Day Procedure
Two-hour time slots available on MM/DD - MM/DD/YYYY
Youth may register to present at County Presentation Day during a 2-hour time block offered between MM/DD-DD. Time blocks are first-come, first-served.
After registering, youth presenters will receive a confirmation for their time block with a zoom.us meeting link. During their scheduled time block, youth will log on with a computer/tablet or smart phone and present in front of a camera/webcam. They may use poster boards and props (if the category permits these) or using digital slides by “sharing my screen.” All requirements from the 4-H Presentation Manual - Revised January 2021 apply.
Evaluators will enter their scores and comments digitally, which will be sent to the “tally room.” Evaluations forms will be emailed to presenters along with their placing. Award certificates and pins will be sent to the presenters through USPS.
Regional and State Presentation Dates
Members (9 years old and above)
Presenters who earn a blue or gold award at County Presentation Day qualify to present at the Regional Presentation Day. A blue or gold award at Regional Presentation Day qualifies presenters to compete at State Presentation Day
Presenters must give the same presentation in the same category in which they qualified. No substitutions in presenters are allowed. Presentations must be given by the same individuals who qualified at an area event.
Virtual Regional Presentation Day - April 10 - 24, 2021
Presenters who earn a blue or gold award at County Presentation Day qualify to present at the Regional Presentation Day.
State Presentation Day - May 8 - 22, 2021
Presenters who earn a blue or gold award at Regional Presentation Day qualify to present at the State Presentation Day
Please make sure you sign up for the location/date you plan to attend.
For more information
Public speaking is a cornerstone of the 4-H Youth Development Program; this manual gives all the necessary information to present effectively and within the 4-H guidelines.
* Be sure to read the January 28, 2021 revised Presentation Manual as some categories and the rubrics have changed!